Here at Acquah's Enterprise, we care about the quality of our service, customer feedback, and how satisfied you are with our boat hooks. We also care about your safety and educating you on a few helpful boating tips and facts. Although checking the weather may be helpful, it isn't always accurate. Only you can decide if you are ready to handle boating procedures during a storm. In order to better serve you, we have compiled a checklist to aid you in case of a storm.
General Boating Safety:
- Always wear a U.S Coast Guard approved life jacket.
- Be especially careful on personal water-crafts.
- Don’t overload your boat with too many people or heavy objects.
- Operate at a safe speed.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Always have a passenger serve as a lookout in addition to the operator.
- Watch out for low water areas or submerged objects.
- Be conscientious of the weather.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Maintain your boat (repairs).
- Always have an Acquah's Enterprise boat hook handy.
Boating Safety During a Storm:
- If you have a portable radio, tune in to a station that gives frequent weather updates.
- Reduce speed.
- Proceed with caution. Put on a Personal Floatation Device.
- Head for the nearest shore that is safe to approach.
- Head the bow into the waves at about a 40 degree angle.
- Secure loose items.
- Have emergency gear ready.
- Keep bilges free of water.
- Seat passengers on bottom of boat near center line.
- If your engine fails, anchor the boat.
- In case of lightning, disconnect all electrical equipment. Stay as far away as you can from metal objects.
When boating, remember to stay safe and don't forget to have the most essential piece of equipment on board - a boat hook. As an industry leader in marine and boating hardware, Acquah’s Enterprise supplies some of the highest quality boat hooks available on the market today at affordable prices. Order your marine boat hooks from Acquah’s Enterprise today by calling us at 866-538-9866 or order online for your convenience.