#1 Marine Boat Hooks at a Wholesale Price
On-Time Delivery Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Where People Come First
Did you know that a boat operator can become impaired more quickly than a driver of a car and the penalties of boating under the influence (BUI) can include large fines, serious jail time, and revoked boating privileges? It is against the law to operate a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs and this law applies to all boats (from canoes, rowboats, large ships to foreign vessels in U.S waters). Boating under the influence is just as deadly as driving under the influence (DUI) and should not be taken lightly.
Here at Acquah's Enterprise, we don't just sell you quality boating hooks
, we also provide you with useful tips and information in our blogs to better serve you and keep you safe out on the water. We want all of our customers to stay safe, happy, and enjoy their boating experiences. Never boat under the influence under any circumstances. Dangers of BUI and its Effects:
Tips for avoiding a BUI:
- Alcohol affects judgment, vision (especially at night), balance, and coordination, which makes it harder to process information and weakens the ability to make good choices.
- Over half of victims involved in boating accidents that resulted in deaths capsized their boats and fell overboard (inner ear disturbances can impair a person’s ability to distinguish up from down if they fall into the water).
- Being intoxicated is even more hazardous on the water than on land. The motion, vibration, engine noise, sun, wind, and spray accelerates a drinker's impairment.
- Alcohol creates a physical sensation of warmth and may prevent a person in cold water from getting out before hypothermia sets in.
- Bring plenty of food, snacks, and a variety of cool drinks (soda, water, iced tea, lemonade and etc.)
- Be reasonable and set a time limit for your trip to avoid fatigue. It’s easier to become more fatigued on the water.
- If you want alcohol to be apart of your day, plan to have your festivities ashore and choose a location where you'll have time between the fun and getting back into your boat. Wait a reasonable time before operating your boat again (roughly a minimum of an hour per drink).
- If your passengers also had some adult beverages on land, make sure they are safe enough to be on the boat. You wouldn’t want anyone falling overboard.
- Happy boating and stay safe! As an industry leader in marine and boating hardware, Acquah’s Enterprise supplies our customers with some of the highest quality boating hooks available on the market today at affordable prices.
Order your boating hooks from Acquah’s Enterprise today by calling us at 866-538-9866 or order online for your convenience.
Don't Do It: Boating Under the Influence
Sign-up to expedite calls, order a product or receive
PH. (855) 732 - 4665
Fax (407) 557 - 3151